Written by Scott Williams of Big Is The New Small
Most of us have worked for leaders that are for all intents and purposes were not very good. I have worked with and for both great leaders and those not very good leaders.
To be honest, I actually learned a lot in my early days of leadership from some really bad leaders. Not only were they bad leaders, they were oblivious to the negative affects of their poor leadership. There are many signs that a leader is not a good leader and below are 12 Obvious Signs.
The reason I attribute these signs to not being a ”Good Leader” instead of “Great Leader,” is due to the fact that a leader usually goes through the progression of being a “Good Leader” before they can become a “Great Leader.”
12 Signs YOU Are Not A Good Leader
- 1. YOU are not willing to fail.
- 2. YOU only talk and never listen.
- 3. YOU don’t develop and produce other leaders.
- 4. YOU micro-manage.
- 5. YOU are generally insecure or threatened by those YOU lead.
- 6. YOU are not willing to follow and learn from their subordinates.
- 7. YOU are more focused on what people think about the results, than the results themselves.
- 8. YOU don’t have a genuine care and concern for those they lead.
- 9. YOU put policy over people, no matter the situation or circumstance.
- 10. YOU are willing to make the wrong decision, for fear of fall-out from making the right decision.
- 11. YOU take all of the credit and none of the blame.
- 12. YOU only dream about being like so and so, instead of dreaming about becoming who God uniquely created YOU to be.