I had the privilege recently to attend the Moody Bible Institute's Pastors' Conference in Chicago. There were many great speakers and breakout sessions, but the one that stood out above the rest for me was a session called "Leaders Who Last" by Dave Kraft. Below are some of the session highlights.
- Leaders have the ability /attributes to rally people to a better future.
- Most leaders fall/fail due to character issues rather than competency issues.
- I don't know what the secret to success is, but I do know what the secret to failure is and that is trying to keep everybody happy.
- Don't pick people based upon their personality, potential, or promise, but instead on the basis of their proven performance.
- A leader is a person who makes decisions, some of which are right.
- A Christian leader is a humble, God-dependent, team-playing servant of God who is called by God. He shepherds, develops, equips, and empowers some people of God to accomplish a God-given vision.